Sunday 29 July 2012

Flowers 'with love'







This card was hard work!!!

The basic design was copied from a magazine but I didn't have the same papers or cutters so I adapted it to suit.  The base is a 7" square and then two more pieces 7" x 4".

The card is too wide to fit through the Big Shot so I had to work out how to make it as the magazine instructions wouldn't work.

I laid the 2 side pieces on top of each other and the circle shape on them (the middle of the shape lined up with the edge of the card and then ran it through the big shot. I folded a sheet of pink butterfly patterned paper (7" x 7") in half and cut the shape out of that in the same way (making sure it was at the same height on the paper).  Then I cut the pink paper in half and stuck it on the card.  The card sides were then stuck to the main piece (folding the excess at the back). The back and front of the main square were covered with more pink papers. The cut out circle was then stuck on to line up with the aperture.

Then the whole lot was decorated with swirls cut out of more papers, with fabric flowers secured with brads, with a small With Love greeting, and with a blue butterfly.

Lastly I cut more white card to neeten the insides of the front edges and cover the brad wings.




No comments:

Post a Comment